Wednesday, January 15, 2014

States With No National Parks



We like National Parks.  We've been blessed to visit a ton of them, too.  LuAnn had two big wall plaques framed containing the brochure of all of the National Parks we have visited and some National Historic Areas, too.  Each one holds 26 brochures I think.  It's fun to look at them and remember all of the neat places we've been.

Which states have NO National Parks?  There aren't many but the Northeast is pretty devoid of National Parks, Acadia in Maine is about all I can think of.  I don't remember one in Mississippi, either.  Alaska is loaded with National Parks and the mountainous ones of west of the Mississippi, of course.

My top five or ten doesn't agree with National Geographic but so be it.  They list Cuyahoga National Park as one of the ten most visited and we haven't even seen it yet!  It's too close, it's in our own state of Ohio!  Glacier is still my favorite with Yellowstone, Yosemite, Rocky Mountain close behind.  I guess they fit my idea of a National Park best.

Here is a good article about what most people, including critics think are the best National Parks.  This is handy if you are just getting started or just want to see a few of them.

I would love to load the camper on the Silverado this summer and head west again.  I don't know if we will get to do that or not, there are so many choices and so many things that must be done.  There are many rarely visited National Parks that we have not seen but again most of them are in Alaska.  It would take all summer to do that right.

They are all unique and beautiful in their own way, every last one of them.  I don't know if we will ever see them all or not, but you won't be able to say we didn't try!

Do you like National Parks?  Which one is your favorite?  Which ones do you really want to see?

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment