Friday, April 26, 2013

Grandpa

I just found out I am going to be a grandpa again for the 12th time.  I can't explain to you how much joy that brings me.  Now my prayers are increased.  This made me wonder, what is a grandpa?

A grandpa is a son and a father and now a grandfather.

A grandpa had to be a husband in order to be a father.

A grandpa had to have effect on his children to become a grandfather.

A grandpa believes in live and perpetuation of it and now he has proof.

A grandpa can be the grandchild's best friend and their mom and dad, too.

Grandpa's always get questions, how did you do that?  How do you do this?

A grandpa knows how to make a living.  He prospered in something.  What is his trade?

Grandpa's have wise advice about living and their trade.

Every grandpa I ever met loves his children and his grandchildren.  I hope he can show it.

I am blessed to be a grandpa again.  It's the greatest thing in the world because I worked so hard to get here.  I always loved children and I love life.  The Lord taught us early to never keep the children from Him.  I have worked hard to do that but it comes very easily and naturally to me.

I come from a long line of Grandpa's.  Most of them worked in agriculture, education or some kind of trade.

We went shopping at our favorite farm store, Grant's Farm near Williamsburg.  I bought two new apple trees for the last two grand daughters, Katherine and Deirdre.  For some reason I wanted to buy four instead of two.  It was just grandpa's instinct I guess.  I know where two find two nice Gala's to go with the two Honeycrisp's we bought.

Grandpa work is hard work but it's fun work and easy work for some of us.

I would do just about anything for my grand kids because I love their parents that much.

Ed Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment