Friday, March 8, 2013

My Email Warmed Up

Pilgrim made this post in Market Talk yesterday.  Take the time to read it and some of the responses if you dare.  At least study the chart on the link.

Did you know this is happening?  Many farmers are blind to it.  Thankfully I had a friend who told me to go look for pink leaves on corn three years ago when corn was still green.  Sure enough I found it right up the road.  The farm has been in GMO corn and soybeans and had lots of glyphosate sprayed on it.  Once I saw the premature, pink leaves I started finding it everywhere.  I found it in non GMO corn following RR soybeans.

I don't read Market Talk every day so it took an email or two to get me to that post.  I even asked the poster why he decided to post that in that particular spot.  He explained why and it made sense.

The big point is we are raising nutrient dense-less crops.  I have been talking about this since the day I started writing this blog over four years ago.  As we look at these occurrences the first time it's rather scary.  I am past the scary part.  Now, how do we educate farmers one at a time?

Notice how high the formaldehyde level is on the chart.  It is said the Chinese already know this.  I am sure many do, as you and I are learning.  What causes this high formaldehyde level and the lack of major and minor nutrients?  Is it by planting GMO seed and spraying glyphosate on it?

Is that foodstuff deadly?  It is to some people.  I can't stop this from happening as a nation but I can stop it from happening on my farm.

How do I do that?  I can do that by planting non GMO seed and fertilizing it the way I have been alluding to here for the last four years.  More calcium, less nitrate but applied at just the right time.  Feed the male part of the crop growth process but be sure to feed the female or reproductive part of this process.  "It's not rocket science, it's much more difficult than that!"

You still have time to find some good source of non GMO seed.  You still have time to get the gypsum and lime your soil needs.  You still have time to figure out how to place calcium nitrate beside your seed row and harvest more yield than you imagined.

My email is warmed up and waiting.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. That chart is totally ... off the charts and obviously fake, with not a single source mentioned or linked, even the units of measure are not mentioned, and it obviously also can't be all the same unit, like milligrams, because then GMO corn would be toxic enough to manipulate or breathe at a 10 meter distance, let alone eat! ;)

    The chart has probably be launched in the wild by GMO proponents to attract GMO opponents like fly paper, to be used at their detriment later. There are many non-faked arguments against GMOs, like cross-pollination, that we don't need the faked ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I know the case and it is real. It is an extreme example but a clue of what is to come.

    ReplyDelete