Tuesday, March 26, 2013

MRI

Finally, I got my MRI scheduled for my knee for later this morning.  It's time to leave in a few minutes, it's over an hour drive to the hospital.

This is my second MRI in 5 years and I  am not looking forward to it.  I will have plenty of time to pray the Rosary.  I wish they had Gregorian Chant on their headphones.  The right chants can mesmerize me into deep meditation.  That's a great time to do that while that machine is clanging back and forth over your head.

I was going to try the mobile lab that comes to Greenfield every Friday but that thing is just too small for this big ole country boy.  I get a little claustrophobic in tight places like that.  A tile hole doesn't bother me nearly as much as you have the big sky over your head.  I can't do either one very well right now, my meniscus has made my knee to stiff to bend very far.

We prayed together at bedtime though so all my petty little worries were carried away to the heavens last night.  We both got a good sleep and we both had difficulty getting up.

I know no suffering like my Saviour did 2000 years ago so my troubles are little.  They are earthly.  Can you imagine how long Eternity is what a blink of the eye our lives are?  I will have plenty of time to meditate on that.

That wasn't so bad at all, much easier than the last one.  They have a new 3 month old machine which they informed me is giving the doctors great pictures of the problems.  My technician was Luke at Adena Hospital on SR 159 just north of Chillicothe and US 23.

I said, Luke is a great name, I wanted to have 4 sons, the Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  He said those are my brothers names!  I said he and his parents were quite blessed.

The MRI of my knee only took 20 minutes.  I didn't have much time to pray the Rosary and the Contemporary Christian I chose to hear in the headphones drowned out the MRI machine and my prayers!  My aspirations were much worse than the process actually was.  Much like life, I had all these great anxieties and a few of them actually came true!

I know who wins in the end, it is written and has been foretold more than 2000 years.  I just have to keep up my part for the winning team.

CSI Labs will be a winning team to help farmers.  I can't wait to get my wheat tissue pulled and get the results.  Farming 50 years is a battle.  Life on earth is a battle.

For either one it's no easy battle.

Have a Blessed Holy Week, my friends.

Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. I'll add your knee situation to my commuting rosary intentions. (When I say it.. lately I've been distracted.) My husband is going through the exact same thing with the knee.. not very fun. Good luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Catholic Mom. I think I felt your prayer yesterday?

    I am having a little problem with pictures and blogging this morning. You would think I would have a better picture of my dad.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete