Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happiness

I woke up today with gratitude, thankfulness and I will say overall, general happiness.  Are you happy today?

My Sunday Morning Sunshine Group discussed God's Will this morning.   What is God's Will and how can you discern it?

Everyone is born with the innate sense there is someone in this world bigger than we are.  They come to know who that is, reject it or say, OK, maybe?

I fought turning 60 like crazy.  I didn't want to be old but did I want to die?  If I didn't change my ways, I was destined to die at an age earlier than I decided I wanted to.  My fight started in my 50's when I couldn't keep up with all of my crazy ideas anymore.  My body kept saying slow down and rest and my self will said you can do more.  HA, as my good sister says.

Someone asked how does God speak to you?  Most of us agreed that God speaks to us through other people, through every one we meet.  Some speak the truth and many don't.  Many people are more lost than we are but every one of them has a message for us to heed or discard.  How many times have we said later in the day or that week, wow, so that is what that meant!

I don't claim to be an expert on this or anything but this I know for sure.  God speaks to me and if I am quiet enough I can hear Him.  I learned to pray for His Will when I was 40 and the kids were little but growing up.  I learned beside them at church and at Sunday School.  I started praying for God's Will for me and whom I pray for, not mine.

When I quit fighting for my own will, things became simpler.  The last two years I have slept in a normal pattern for the first time of my life so I am better rested and even able to think or work.  I often wake up with a clear sense now of I am to do and what is right or wrong.  Life is much simpler and easier for me to tackle.  Things that don't get done aren't such a big deal now though certain things have to happen for any expected positive outcome, especially in farming.

I will be ready to plant when God tells me it's time to plant.  That could be this month or that could be in May but I will know when the time is right.  If I am off a little, I will pay for it but if I do it right I always get a positive outcome.

This the best advice this old timer can give you today.  I am not ancient but I am getting there.

Either way, God's Will Be Done, not mine.

Thanks to the fellow who posted this neat picture on Machinery Talk.

Ed

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete