Saturday, January 26, 2013

689YKY

That's the new license plate number on my purple plumb, 2004 Dodge Dakota.  Ryan hangin' on like a hair on a biscuit" Daugherty ran a carfax on it for me yesterday as he had some expiring.  I suppose he has been looking for another ride, too.  Anyway, LuAnn just calls after walking the parking lot, laughing at herself.  She had walked up to it thinking that's where she parked it but she saw the license plate and though it was from KENTUCKY!  Roll on the floor laughing or whatever you want here because we both got a big kick out of it.  I laugh at myself almost every day.

It's a new style plate with a blue background.  With the yellow FFA emblem on, I mean corn gold, it does look like a foreign plate at first glance.  She is used to looking for AF47LJ on the old red and white plate on Ole Red.  Ole Red got a new home last night.  I am handing it over the trusted hands of Charles, another Charles who needs a ride.  He has worked his butt of to get back financially where he can drive again.  I like him so I helped him out with a deal no one good refuse.

The worst thing is though I had to put a $120 starter on the darned thing, couldn't send it away like that.  I have been getting by on the bad starter and disappearing antifreeze for a year now.  It still runs good and I think he can get a couple of years out of it.  Those little trucks make 200,000 miles pretty easily and 300,000 if you are careful.  After that, they are pretty much junk or parts.

Tara called me worrying about getting her mother into Dubais and out safely.  She doesn't think her mother and be quiet and not look at Saudi's like Shariah law says.  She thinks we will be kept for investigation.  I said you have to give up those fears!  People go through that airport every day and you don't see anyone on the news!  That's my point she said, you never hear from them again!  Laugh out loud on that one but I hear her, too.

If I got sick there, LuAnn couldn't leave with my presence so I better not get sick!  I woke up with no voice but I know how to treat that and am.

Lots of my friends are reviewing the Herman Warsaw blog.  I want them to think about soil conservation and deep and balanced nutrient placement.  As Chimel pointed out. there was no GMO corn then and our yields have plateaued shortly after the arrival of them.  I know that any seed corn is in short supply because of the huge demand for seed this year.  Last year was not a stocks builder, either.

Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment