Friday, August 3, 2012

Cleveland

We are in Cleveland today. The weather is hot and dry. On the way up I lost my billfold. I know I put it and the checkbook under my seat and it must have rolled out when I got out at the rest stop. That is the only place I stopped and I have looked everywhere.

So I prayed to Saint Anthony and Saint Joseph for my lost billfold. I got into the habit of doing that after learning what each Saint did in their lives and can do for us. I have had some amazing finds with my prayers for myself and for others. It even works over the phone. I have no doubt it is in safe hands and when I called Discover card nothing had been charged to it.

We got into Cleveland at dark after our long day of work. The kids were asleep so we talked to Becky and went to bed in the camper. This is our test trial to see if we can still negotiate the camper instead of the hotel beds we have become accustomed to the last few years.

That camper and truck are a good match. The camper is all the truck can handle but it does handle it. I even got 350 miles out of the tank of gas before the warning light came on. I don't want to mess around running out of gas with that rig or any rig.

Gas is back up to $4 in Ohio. The news credited that to sources who said there is a refinery down in Chicago and a break in the Canadian pipeline. You know what Americans think of that, any excuse to shoot the price back up 70 cents in the last wto weeks. We didn't make it down to $3 and I didn't think we would.

Will is recovering from his disc surgery. He is using a cane which is hard to watch a young man do but he did walk for an hour up the street and was walking better by the time he got back to the house. He has a long way to go in recovery but he looks to be making progress. I don't think the pain medicine is doing him any favors except to keep the excruciating pain down. He is lucky compared to many veterans coming home and at least he did come home with all limbs in place. We thank God for that.

We got to take Caoilin and Liam out to Bob Evans all by ourselves. That was fun just having the older two alone. They grow up so quickly. That Liam reads better than most adults let alone teenagers. I love to hear him read.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment