Friday, July 20, 2012

She's Beautiful!

I just got to meet another granchild for the first time. Katherine Grace Block. She is beautiful! She is a healthy 8 pounds, has an appetite like her dad, and a pretty round face with light to medium brunette hair.

I am so happy for Tara and Erik I could burst. I am happy for LuAnn and I all the family, too! This is what life is all about and kids are the best crop you can ever raise. Thank you Lord for answered prayer and bless and keep her and all of those precious little ones all the days of their life. We promise to guide and direct then and love and care for them.

So many children don't seem to have that these days, it is really sad. She is blessed just to have the parents she has, let alone the great big family she comes to, all hard working, successful, loving, God fearing people.

I knew it would be a long day so I stuck to my work of Insect Resistance Management and certifying growing soybeans for possible shipment to Asia. It rained or sprinkled all day so I just moved to where it wasn't raining much. By 4 PM I hadn't heard anything so I started calling and got the word she would probably arrive before six. She did at 5:45 pm and I got there in time.

I am pretty tired but very happy. Tomorrow I continue the judging schedule at the Clark County Fair in Springfield. It is always a big competitive show that really taxes my judging abilities and I always come home "brain dead" but tomorrow I can sneak in the hospital and give Katherine a big kiss and maybe hold her awhile.

Crop prices closed strong today and for the week. Farmers are trying to figure out what they might have to sell so they can gain some of these rare, record breaking prices and so am I.

Corn MELVIN
Del Period Option Basis Cash
JULY U 0.25 8.49
AUGUST U 0.25 8.49
O/N Z -0.15 7.81
JAN H -0.10 7.71
MELVIN
Beans Del Period Option Basis Cash
JULY Q 0.15 17.72
AUGUST Q -0.10 17.47
N/C X -0.40 16.46
JAN F -0.15 16.48

Wheat Del Period Option Basis Cash

JULY/SEP U -0.10 9.33
WOW!

Ed

2 comments: