Friday, July 13, 2012

Financial Cliff

A fellow posted a link to a video of three old men saying we are now going over the financial cliff. What do you think?

These are pretty crusty old guys with lots of experience. They bring up some good points. It may not be tomorrow, or next year or even five years, but do you agree?

If so, what are you doing differently to prepare? Or like most people, have you thrown up your hands and just keep going on as usual?

No one can be fully prepared for such a thing but there is no doubt some fare better than others. I don't know how deep our national debt is, but this is rather shocking.

One more question for you. What do you think of the six pictures at our county fair competition? Which one is your favorite?

I have to praise the local machinery dealers for their great display at the Clinton County Fair. Great job, guys! It reminds me of the State Fair displays 40 years ago. There must be two acres of farm machinery from small to the big stuff. Kudo's to Equipment Super Store, American Tractor on I-71 and Mayer's on Us 68.

My blog isn't getting any less serious. I have a favor to ask. I have a young friend who is going under 8 hour back surgery next week. I pray for the surgeons skilled hands and miraculous recovery. I would appreciate your prayer.

Our tenth grandchild, Katherine, is being born next Friday. I also ask for your prayer in this matter, also. Thank you very much. I have some powerfully prayerful readers and I ask for your help. The power of prayer is awesome.

The corn belt is still awaiting rainfall. The south has picked up some rain but we are hoping it gets here as predicted. It seems to be petering out as it has the last two months. It's been a very hot and dry 25 days here, 14 days over 90 and many of them over 100 as you well know.

My shot of cortisone has done wonders. Now I am getting my swollen fingers wrapped and that is really helping, too. My physical therapist explained where my tears are below my left elbow and how I stretched the muscles on top of the forearm and under it. I feel a whole lot better.

It's been a hard but really good week. I hope that is true for you, too.

Ed

4 comments:

  1. Both the nation's finances and its corn fields are on IV drip and in a dire need of a flush of liquidities... ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think of the pictures, Chimel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're a bit too small to see, I like the 3 top ones.
    I was kinda expecting to see Madison's barrow though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't like the top left and liked the bottom two right better. Yes it is too hard to see what I saw first hand. I will have to do some barrow show writing as now she gets to show him at the Ohio State Fair!

    ReplyDelete