Sunday, January 22, 2012

Keep It Simple


The wisdom from my Sunday Morning Sunshine group and from church today was Keep It Simple! This is a daily task I attempt in 24 hour segments as I am a complicated person living a complicated life in a complicated world!

It's just like teaching and learning, I have to break every day down into simple segments. Get up with thanksgiving and if I can't, start over! Eat a little at around 8 AM, noon and 5 PM. Make a list and do the things on my list one thing at a time. I am one to have two to ten projects all going on at the same time. Complicated me.

If I catch myself thinking the wrong thing or a bad thing, I need to correct it and don't utter it, let alone practice it. Rigorous honesty in everything I think, say and do, that is the key for daily success.

In working on taxes and yearly summaries, I see all my mistakes. Some were out of control when I did them or I didn't have full knowledge to make the right decision right then. I can't change that, I can only change right now. Each second passes quickly and before I know it, minutes, hours and days have passed. It's less than 10 days until February, the shortest month of the year and soon the year will be one sixth gone!

I read a few lines on crop talk this morning and saw all the complicated ways we as farmers face to raise the best crop we can economically. No one agrees how to do that although we really farm pretty similarly. It's the little things that make the difference.

If I keep it simple and break complex things down into basic components, I can manage them more easily.

At the end of the day I can go to bed knowing I did the best I could given the circumstances and wake up the next morning without any emotional baggage from what I did or didn't do.

Have a great week and keep it simple.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment