Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Hard Times


These hard times for people is getting to us. We had a hard day yesterday.

LuAnn had to meet with 20 employees to tell them they were being laid off during the Christmas Holiday. It wore her out. She slept for 12 hours last night. She said this morning I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this.

If it weren't for her there would be no Turning Point and 100 other people would have no place to turn for work and for life. One man faces jail being laid off so she is writing a letter to the court in his behalf. These are people who have made bad choices or just down on their luck.

Addiction or crime represents their past and they are trying to turn a new leaf. Turning Point has the care and the tools to help them do that.

I know we all do all we can for the sick and suffering but sometimes it doesn't seem like enough. Maybe today I can cheer one person up like so many do for me.

It sure has been hard trying to get the last of the crop out and you hate to leave ruts but sometimes it is unavoidable. In Ohio we fought to get the crop in the ground and sprayed and we are fighting to get every last bushel back out.

It's easy to give thanks for all my gratitudes but when I see so many people suffering every day, it becomes more challenging. One lady had a neat tip for gratitudes, she said she goes through the alphabet and assigns the letter to a gratitude in her life.

A for Andy, B for Bill, C for Caolin, D for Deters, E for Ed is what I am thinking right now. The reality is though I have to keep working today when I am finished writing and put it all to work.

I will be 62 in a week and ran across an old tractor pulling buddy yesterday and he said no kidding, where did it go? He was introduced as being in a friend's class 62 years ago!

It is hard times for a lot of people and it is hard to stay focused but we have so many blessings, where do we start to build upon them?

Hard times don't last, strong people do.

Ed

2 comments:

  1. I guess you just try to enjoy the good times as much as possible to get you through the bad times and there is always someone worse off than you. Sometimes you can help them. Sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Budde, you summarized it nicely.

    ReplyDelete