Sunday, September 4, 2011

Auction


Today is the church festival and the silent auction will be over when I post my 998th blog tomorrow! That's a story in itself, almost 1000 blogs in 2 1/2 years!

Someone consigned(donated) an old bicycle that goes back 70 years ago or more in the history of the church. The pastor road around on the bicycle we were told and I think LuAnn has her eye on that item for me to ride!

It has no gears and the big balloon tires on it. Since we bought her a brand new bike for $20 at a yard sale, I think LuAnn wants a riding mate! I haven't been replying to her comments on that.

It's been 50 years since I rode a bike much. I spent a lot of time on mine, a green and white Schwinn I got when I was 5 or 6 and we moved to Stony Hollow road. I remember my first long pedal down the drive on it which ended up in multiflowered rosebush! I think they pulled thorns out of me for days.

The last long ride I had was an hour a couple of years ago on our trip through Michigan to the Farm Progress Show, the year we saw Pictured Rock on the shores of Lake Superior in the Upper Peninsula. We rented bikes and rode around the historic island at Sioux Saint Marie.

My visit to Seed Consultants paid off two as Chris donated 6 bags of elite non GMO corn hybrid of your choice. One of the church members has planted his seed since he opened. That makes First Choice, AgriGold and Seed Consultant seed available for bidding, no Pioneer or Monsanto!

It's going to be a fun day but a long day depending how this weather hits. Storms are predicted all day. I hope it isn't a washout after all this work but like I always say, you can pick your day, you can't pick your weather!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment