Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday to Connie, LuAnn's mom. As she said she is an octogenerian today.

Congratulations, sincerely. That is quite an accomplishment to acheive age and it takes more than good genetics to get there.

That is 4 close family members I have left in this age group. I really do praise you and I can appreciate how hard you struggled to get there. You are all role models for me.

The amazing thing is what you have seen change in society since your birth. All of you remember the Great Depression and here you are leaving us with what you started with!

Seriously, that is just how times evolved over your lifetime. Like anyone your age you have seen the best of times and the worst of times.

I was just thinking that none of you are the oldest of your family. Your older siblings are all gone. That sure makes one think as I have one older cousin left and one day you are the oldest of the group, the eldest of the family.

You have all done a great job doing your part of your family, your cut in life. I hope you find lots of joys and pleasures in the remaining years but I wish for the greatest treasure in the universe, Eternal Life.

Sincerely,

Ed Winkle

No comments:

Post a Comment