Thursday, May 6, 2010

Passing

It's never easy for most of us to watch someone pass on. Life and death is truly a mystery. Many call it passing because they believe in life everlasting as explained in the Holy Bible. Still, it is a mystery.

No one really wants to see anyone else suffer, especially if they have seen or experienced suffering themselves.


Forgiveness is a hard thing to do before someone passes but it's necessary for health and healing. Sometimes you just have to do what you don't want to do. But you have to do it or pay for it forever. That is something I want no part of.

Grieving a loss is something everyone takes differently. I grieved while my dad was dying in 2000 so his passing with his suffering was easier for me to reconcile.

Everyone grieves differently
"Grieving is a personal and highly individual experience. How you grieve depends on many factors, including your personality and coping style, your life experience, your faith, and the nature of the loss. The grieving process takes time. Healing happens gradually; it can’t be forced or hurried – and there is no “normal” timetable for grieving. Some people start to feel better in weeks or months. For others, the grieving process is measured in years. Whatever your grief experience, it’s important to be patient with yourself and allow the process to naturally unfold. "

I have seen a lot of family, friends and acquaintenances pass away the last few years. I guess that goes with age. It's never easy but again something we have to do.

I just try to treat people the way I would like to be treated and hope I receive it back.

I bring this up because death is all around us while we try to live life. We ignore it until it touches close.

Live life and honor the dead. Ask for forgiveness to anyone you need to do it with.

You will feel a whole lot better.

The sun is shining and we had a light rain. The crops are growing right along with the weeds so there is work to do. Someone farmed this place before I got here and someone will farm this place when I am gone.

This is God's farm, LuAnn and I are just temporary caretakers. That is how we live life each day.


Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Gorges. We sure agree on alot. Would like to make your acquaintenance someday.

    ReplyDelete