Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This Crop


This crop is bothering me.


I did a good job planning for it and getting it growing but now the weather has went from not letting it mature to not letting it be harvested.


Farmers have lots of bucks on the line, including me.


It is still cold and damp here and it doesn't look like it will warm up soon.


Farmers have to have all the faith required to plant a seed, watch it grow, nurture it and try to make a living from it. They spend that living in their community which is why I call them the backbone of this country. That is because we are the backbone of this economy.


Without food and shelter, we all know we wouldn't be here long. Farmers provide both, food and shelter.


Our crops are eaten and stored and transformed into many foods. Our crop provides the timber to build our houses.


Today my tree crop will be used to warm my house and it is not October yet.


Ed Winkle

2 comments:

  1. Kipling says:
    If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And Never breath a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

    Kind of like farming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too dang smart for your age.

    How can I take Kipling and make a buck?

    Guess I have been trying that all my life.

    Lots of Holding On coming.

    The best thing is meeting people like you. Has it been a month already?

    I want to go back to the neverland LuAnn and I had called vacation. I usually want to come back before I started but not this time.

    Thanks so much for your posting and comments.

    ReplyDelete