Monday, April 13, 2009

Parents, Kids and Grandkids


We are fortunate to have them all but dad, watching us up there in the Great Beyond. He was a great family leader and no one can surround the family like he could.


We really need to get to New York for LuAnn's parents 60th wedding anniversary this weekend but if planting breaks loose, I probably won't be able to go. We call this flying by the seat of your pants and used to do it with great ease. In our older years, it is not so easy.


I have to take mom to the dentist today. This will be my seventh trip with her in the last month. Doesn't sound like much but it is a lot. Seven days centered around a parent when you are trying to be husband, father, farmer and grandfather at the same time.


It is good to see her get her teeth repaired. Teeth are pretty important to nutrition, especially important in elder years. I have got one acting up, sensitive to hot and cold and may end up there myself.


It was good to enjoy ham, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole yesterday in peace. We did get to see three of the kids families though so it was a fun Easter Sunday.


Madison, Brynne and Liam are growing up so quickly like they all are and do. It is really fun to play with them and see them grow. I am just a big kid myself and Liam really brings that out in me to the point we could get into trouble together.


He sat in the semi, looked over the camper, sat in the Agco, chased cats, and jumped like a bunny on the sheets of plastic shipping wrap. Pop, pop, pop!


I see Paul Butler is spot spraying like we have been. I need to spray the drives and try and keep the weeds out of them but have been concentrating on patches of weeds that could be troublesome in the fields later on.


I even sprayed the garden, trying to get ahead of the fescue before the seeds come up. The peas are up and the sweet corn is starting to. A week of warm weather and the garden will look totally different.


Mowed for the second time, too, grass is lush and green. Hope I have to mow all summer because that means the crop will have gotten enough rain if I don't have to quit mowing in July and August!


You never know what the weather is going to turn out to be and it is a cool, damp late start here. That is fairly typical but it didn't rain yesterday so no seven Sundays with rain this spring.


Might wish it had later on!


Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment